Nest Boxes – Sun. January 22 – Location Update

Well, the rains have returned and with luck the ice and snow and ice will have a chance to melt to the extent we can safely work, by the weekend. The forecast is for rain for most of the week with the heaviest on Saturday. Sunday is forecast to be a mix of rain and sun.

On Sunday, January 22, we will try to hold the work party to meet at the Rowing Pavilion,  10 am to 1 pm. Click here for a map.

Please dress appropriately for the weather and waterproof footwear is strongly suggested. If you happen to have rubber boots that go up to the knees (or higher!) they could also be useful as some of us will need to cross streams to get to the nest boxes.

Check local forecasts and do keep in mind that there has been a lot of snow and ice at Burnaby Lake.

Please RSVP to our volunteer coordinator at so you can be kept informed of up-to-date weather decisions or if you have any questions.