The mission of the Burnaby Lake Park Association is to preserve, protect and enhance the natural environment of Burnaby Lake Regional Park, while advocating respect, appreciation and enjoyment of the Park's natural attributes and recreational resources.
The activities of BLPA are directed by Eight Main Goals:
- Support GVRD in its work to preserve, enhance and restore the park's natural environment.
- Encourage understanding and appreciation of the natural features of Burnaby Lake Regional Park through interpretive, educational and other informational programs.
- Be directly and fully involved in the development of all management plans for the park through a process of continuous consultation and advice.
- Advocate on behalf of the association to other agencies as appropriate; act as advocates for the stewardship of the Brunette Watershed.
- Assist individual users, community groups, agencies and GVRD Parks in pursuing activities compatible with the association's mission.
- Support appropriate recreational activities that are compatible with the overall goal of preserving, protecting and enhancing the natural features of the park.
- Work with other park partnership associations on the Regional Parks Forum to promote the sustainability of GVRD Parks through effective stewardship; nominate a representative to the forum,
- Maintain a broadly-based inclusive association with a representative executive that actively supports and advances the mission and objectives of the Burnaby Lake Regional Park Partnership Association.