- This event has passed.
Wild About Burnaby Lake
June 10 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
Want some wild fun without leaving the city? Join a weed pull, enjoy a free hot dog° and meet local stewardship groups. Learn how you can bring more nature to Burnaby!
Free fun for all ages!
EVENT TIME: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
SCHEDULED EVENTS: Sorry, all tours/walks are full
- 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM – Weedbusters – Join the BLPA and help us remove invasive species from around the park. Meeting location: Glencairn Trail Entrance a short 5 minute walk from the Pavilion parking lot
- 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM – Voyageur Canoe Tour 1*
- 11:00 AM to 11:45 AM – Nature Walk 1* – Meet at BLPA tent
- 11:20 AM to 12:20 PM – Voyageur Canoe Tour 2*
- 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM – Hot Dogs served°
- 12:50 PM to 1:50 PM – Voyageur Canoe Tour 3*
- 1:00 PM to 1:45 PM – Nature Walk 2* – Meet at BLPA tent
* Sorry, registration for all tours and walks is full.
° While quantities last.
- Northern Spotted Owl Captive Breeding Program
- North Shore Black Bear Society
- Bird Studies Canada
- Northwest Wildlife Preservation Society
- Catching the Spirit Youth Society
- Stanley Park Ecology Society
- Wild Life Rescue Association of BC
- Burnaby Beekeepers Association
- Burnaby Lake Park Association
- City of Burnaby Planning Department
- Metro Vancouver Regional Parks – Remember to pick up your 50th Anniversary Passport and get a stamp for Burnaby Lake Regional Park.
- Pacific Parklands Foundation
Presented in conjunction with Metro Vancouver Regional Parks and the City of Burnaby.
- Check our Directions page or use the Google Map below
- Some parking will be available at the Rowing Pavilion. There will be an overflow parking lot on your left past the sports fields and club house, just past Thomas Street (4184 Sperling Street). Look for signs and the entrance to the trail for a short 8 minute walk to the Pavilion.
- Check out Transit page to see how to use Translink to get to this event.