Frequently Asked Questions

Wildlife in Distress:

For Wildlife in Distress call the Helpline at  604.526.7275
For further information, contact the WILDLIFE RESCUE Association  604.526.2747

What do we do?

The Burnaby Lake Park Association works closely with Metro Vancouver Regional Parks staff on programs and events in Burnaby Lake Regional Park. We support Metro Vancouver in its work to preserve, enhance and restore the park’s natural environment.

What is a park association?

A park associations bring groups and individuals who volunteer in the park together under one umbrella, to work with Burnaby Lake Regional Park staff to make the park better for everyone. They might help organize special events, assist in education and interpretation programs, initiate restoration projects, provide input to park management plans and advise on park policies.

Who can join our association?

Any Greater Vancouver resident can join our association. Often, park association members are also members of the community groups working within a regional park. Examples of community groups include the Haney Horsemen, the Community Garden Society and the Burke Mountain Naturalists. Park associations also include individuals who are not with a group but are just interested in helping.

What kinds of project are done by volunteers in Burnaby Lake
Regional Park?

Volunteers work on a variety of projects. They might lead interpretive hikes for the public, remove invasive plant species, help restore habitat or build trails, operate equestrian facilities, cultivate community gardens, raise money for park facilities or participate in park management planning.

How can I get involved in BLPA?

Contact the Community Development Coordinator for the park. For Volunteer and Community Development, email our Volunteer Coordinator or call (604) 520-6442.  You can also get in touch via our Volunteer Contact Form,

Who do I call if I have concerns about Burnaby Lake Regional Park?

If you see criminal activity, call 911.
Otherwise, contact the regional office responsible for the park at (604) 520-6442. Tell the receptionist your concern and he/she will then forward your call to the appropriate person.

Nature House/Field Trips

For infomation about booking school field trips with Metro Vancouver Park Interpreters, click this link. They can also be reached for community group programs.