Be a champion for native plants! Tackle invasive species: non-native plants that have become established and replaced native species. Join the Burnaby Lake Park Association in removing English Ivy, Lamium, Periwinkle, Purple Policeman’s Helmet, and Scotch broom from around Burnaby Lake.
Dress for the weather and be prepared to work off-trail in the woods. We will provide gloves, tools and refreshments.
If you are interested in bringing a community or work group as an activity, please call 604-520-6442 or email the Burnaby Lake Park Association at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scheduled Work Parties
As of January 1, 2018, the Spring Stewardship Dates/Locations are listed below. Please do check back for updates or sign up by sending an email to our volunteer coordinator to be added to our email list or fill out a volunteer request form.
When we get updated information, check out our Event Listings page for full details and check Directions for specific locations and how to get there by car or transit. They will also be listed in the Metro Vancouver Regional Parks Connect Meet Up Group.
Unless otherwise noted, Sunday meeting time is 1-4 pm, and Tuesday is 6:30-8:30 pm.
Spring & Summer 2018 Dates – Meeting Location – Work Plan
- Sunday, April 22 – Glencarin Trail Entrance – Southshore sweep of ivy & broom
- Sunday, May 27 – Avalon – Southshore sweep of ivy & broom
- Sunday, June 10 – Wild About Burnaby Lake (WABL) – Burnaby Lake Rowing Pavilion – PPH, HBB at the Glencarin site
- Tuesday, June 12 – Avalon – PPH, HBB at west end of parking lot, Follow up work on Fishermen’s trails. Ivy in the “triangle”
- Sunday, July 8 – Glencarin Trail Entrance – The Glencarin site
- Tuesday, July 10 – Avalon – PPH at west end of parking lot. Follow up work on Fishermen’s trails. Ivy in the “triangle”
- Sunday, July 15 – Avalon – North Avalon Restoration Site, pushing ivy back toward Picken House., Ivy in the “triangle”
- Tuesday, July 17 – Avalon – North Avalon Restoration Site, pushing ivy back toward Picken House. Ivy in the “triangle”